Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Witch hunts

http://www.boston.com/globe/spotlight/abuse/

The allegations of Child Abuse and Sexual Abuse pertaining to Catholic higher officials such as priests, monks, and nuns. It was a witchunt because it was a vast persecution unsupported by fact or reason that was vastly targeted toward innocent people although in some cases it was found to be true it was not a mass epidemic. It did not involve the killing of these officials but it did cause sentencing and quitting of officials which caused a mass upheaval in the Catholic body.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

....Can you make it any easier? Cos I really don't feel like looking around for the site.

Becca said...

I think this could definitely be considered a witch hunt. Just the accusations don't make it a witch hunt, but the actual sentecing/persecuting of officials definitely make it one.

kate said...

I officially hate this website! This website is very unorganized for quick skimming. It also doesn't really provide evidence for a witch hunt. Sorry Charles failed again haha.

Schaff's Blog said...

I agree with Ashley and Kate. I don't even know where the information is coming from. But from reading your little excerpt, I find that this is a good example of a witch hunt. Even though there were some officials that messed up and sinned massively, many of them were innocent and wrongly persecuted.

shooter 64 said...

I think that this is a type of witch hunt. Priests are being prosecuted for their "certain" attention to young children. I think they should be stopped before anything TOO serious happens. Even though it pretty much already has.

wrestling125 said...

I think this is a witch hunt. I think it should be stopped like shooter62 said before it gets too serious.

Emma said...

I was confused by the website, but by what you said, I see it as a witch hunt, just not as extreme as the ones I'm used to reading about. Although the officials were not killed they were still run out of office and quit. That makes it a witch hunt because they were still being attacked by a different group of people.

123Rage(oake) said...

I think its a witch hunt because these men are innocent of any crme, yet have to deal with the scorn from those who label them.

Rach Waldo said...

I think this is a witch hunt. I agree with everybody where’s the information coming from.
This is a little confusing.

Kristen Suchor said...

I can go both ways on this because they did accuse innocent people, but they did not kill or torture the officials in the church.

Crazeh said...

The site is confusing, but I agree that it's a witch hunt.

~Red Curls~ =] said...

Yes it is a witch hunt, and yes the site is confusing.

*frostyjoe* said...

I consider this a witch hunt because many of them were innocent and sill persecuted.

trombone_girl2010 said...

I agree with Ashley and Kate also. This was definitely not easy to look through. Anyway this is a witch hunt, but it needs to be easier to look for. Jamie Werner

Austin J. Whitley said...

Great example of a witch hunt. Website just made me want to break my screen but yeah.

Flint's owner said...

Interesting... I agree that this could be a witch hunt.

Archangel(Kenton) said...

The ever famous priest sex scandals. These witch hunts have been trying to seek out child abusers in the Catholic church. I believe that some sick people started this one.

Thadd said...

Catholic church is retarded because they should be the last ones to do that! A witch hunt against children.